How to Download Apps on Vizio Smart TV
Vizio is the most famous brand known for the Smart TV series in the market. Vizio provides HD Ready to UltraHD Smart TVs and offers an App store on their TVs that is very helpful in finding the latest movies.
Do You Know:- Six years ago, Vizio sold its brand to two quality companies. Basically, these two companies make Smart TVs in the Japanese market.
How to Add Apps to Vizio Smart TV
Also see: How to Reset Vizio Smart TV
Basically, Vizio Smart TV runs on two different Operating systems:
2. Internet Apps plus
Add apps on Vizio Smart TV with the Smartcast
In this Vizio Smartcast TV, you can watch videos using an in-built Chromecast that helps you cast with an Android or Apple iOS device.
Note:- You can not install Android apps on Vizio Smartcast TVs.
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device. (iPhone / iPad – Apple Store)
2. Download Chromecast Apps on your smartphone.
3. Once Install, Open the app.
4. Now click on the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Vizio Smartcast TV and the media will appear on TV.
Add apps on Vizio Smart TV with the Internet Apps
If your Vizio Smart TV includes VIA or VIA +, then you can download the apps from Google Play Store. To download and install apps you have to follow the below simple steps.
1. Press the V button on your TV remote.
2. Go to the app you want to download.
3. Select the Ok button on your remote to download the app.
4. Once the app is installed, Go to the My Apps section.
5. Now Give access to the downloaded app.
How to update Apps on Vizio Smart TV
Vizio didn’t provide the Update apps feature in their Smart TVs. You have to manually update the apps by removing the app firstly from your Smart TV and then you have to reinstall it through the App Store.
1. Press the V or VIA button on your Vizio TV remote.
2. Go to the App that you want to update.
3. Press the yellow color button on your Vizio TV remote.
4. Click on Update. If you cannot see the Update option, click on Delete App and follow on-screen prompts to remove the app.
5. Open the App Store.
6. Go to the app that you have uninstalled.
7. Choose Install to update the app.
Different Vizio Operating Systems in last years
2015 and older: Vizio Smart TV offers Vizio Internet apps or apps+.
2016 and 2017: Vizio Smart TV offers intelligent cast/Vizio internet apps+.
2016 and 2017: Tuneless Home theatre offers Smartcast.
2018 and later: Vizio Smart TV offers Smartcast to its users.
30+ Preinstalled apps on Vizio Smart TV
- Watch Free
- TV Games
- YouTube TV
- Love destination
- iHeart Radio
- Toon Goggles
- Fandago Now
- Dove Channel
- Curiosity Stream
- CBS News
- CBS All Access
- Prime Video(Amazon)
- Pluto TV