Why is my Smart Cast not working on Vizio?
There may be different issues with your Vizio Smartcast TV. There may be some interruptions in its operation, where a user has stuck on a black startup screen or Vizio TV will not load. You can face some other problems but follow our simple methods to overcome the issues like Smartcast TV not available.
Table of Content:
How to Fix Vizio SmartCast not Working
⇒ Power Cycle Your Vizio SmartCast TV
⇒ Refreshing DHCP Setting of Your Network
⇒ Check with Another Network
⇒ Factory Reset Your Vizio SmartCast TV
How to Fix Vizio SmartCast not working
Related Article: How to Reset Vizio Smart TV
Power Cycle Your Vizio SmartCast TV
1. Press the Menu button on your TV remote.
2. Select System, then select Reset & Admin.
3. Now choose Soft Power Cycle.
4. At that same time, Power off your router.
5. When both devices are turned on, check if the TV is working properly.
1. Power off your TV from the power button.
2. Now unplug your TV from the power source.
3. Wait for few seconds, now again plug it into the power source.
4. Now Power On your TV.
5. Now, wait for the Smartcast Home to appear and see if the issue is resolved.
Refreshing DHCP Setting of Your Network
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol automatically assigns an IP address to each device for your network. To avoid connection problems DHCP ensures that no two devices have the same IP address.
In rare cases, this module becomes unresponsive and the result is, it doesn’t assign the IP address to the SmartCast system. Now follow the below steps to change the DHCP setting of your network connection.
1. Turn off your TV and Go the browser.
2. Open your router’s URL.
3. Login with Username and Password.
4. Open your router’s setting page and find the DHCP section of your router in Advanced, Setup, Network, and Local Network settings.
5. Once find the DHCP section, then first Disable it and again Re-Enable it.
6. Save the settings and exit through it.
7. Now turn on your TV, and we hope everything is working properly.
8. If you are still having problems, then edit your router settings to use Google DNS.
Check with Another Network
1. Try to connect your TV with someone’s other network or you can connect it to your mobile phone’s hotspot.
2. Now check your Vizio Smartcast is working fine.
Factory Reset Your Vizio SmartCast TV
If none of the methods worked in your case, then you have to perform the factory reset on your Vizio TV. You can easily reset your TV through the Menu or remote buttons. We have provided two below methods to reset your Vizio TV. You can try any one of them, which suits you according to condition.
Through the TV Menu
1. Press the Menu button on your TV remote,
2. Select System and press OK.
3. Open Reset & Admin and press OK.
4. Choose Reset TV to Factory Defaults option, and click on the Reset option.
5. Wait until the reset process completes.
6. Now Setup your TV according to the given instructions.
Through the TV’s Buttons
Note: These buttons may be different on your TV. So read the instruction manual carefully.
1. You can see 4 buttons located on the side of your TV. The bottom two buttons are Input and Volume Down.
2. Press both buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds until you see a bar on the top of your TV.
3. Now press the Input button for 10 seconds until your TV screen becomes back.
4. Now Setup your TV according to the given instructions.