In this article, we have demonstrated How to set the default browser in an Android Phone. content://com.android.browser.home/ is a code or link, that is usually used to set the default home page in the browser.
If you are already a smartphone user, then you would surely know that the mobile phone is always integrated with a browser and a default homepage.
A lot of people don’t like or want to use the default homepage and want to replace it with another one. If you are also one of them, who don’t like the default homepage then you are at the right place.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
content://com.android.browser.home/ is a code or link, that is usually used to set the default home page in the browser.
As all know there are lots of web browsers such as Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Bing, etc.
Everyone has there unique default homepage that content://com.android.browser.home/. Similarly, each and every browser has a different method to set the default homepage.
How To Set Default Browser in an Android Phone?
Firstly, you have to learn how to set a default browser on your devices. Setting up the browser such as Google Chome, Opera, etc. as the default browser is a universal process. This method is working for every Android Mobile and Tablet.
- Go to Settings of your Android device.
- Then go to the Installed Apps/Manage Apps section that shows all the Apps.
- Click on the Three dots on the top right corner.
- Select Default Apps.
- Click on the Browser options.
- Choose your favorite browser that you want to set as the default browser.
- Now you have successfully set the default browser, and if you open any link then it will open in your selected web browser.
How To Set Default Homepage on any Browser using
As we have discussed above that different browser has different way to set the default homepage.
So, the following guide for different browsers will help you to learn – how to set the default homepage in browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Set Default Homepage on Google Chrome
For Chrome users, the following steps are going to be very helpful, if they want to set Default Homepage on their Chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the Three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Open the Settings from the option.
- Now, under Basics, you will see a Home page option.
- Search Chrome://flags/. It will open an experiment page.
- Then, search for “Force Enable Home Page Button” and enable it.
- Click on the Open this Page.
- And type the URL that you want to set as the default Homepage in your Chrome browser and Save it.
- Close and Open the Chrome browser two times.
- Then Go to Settings.
- You will see a Home page option.
- Again relaunch the Google Chrome browser, and you will see a custom default homepage
Set Default Homepage on Mozilla Firefox using“content://com.android.browser.home/”
Follow the below simple guide to set the default Homepage on Mozilla Firefox.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on Three dots at the top right corner.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Choose the General option in the Settings.
- Now go to Home and then Set a Homepage.
- Choose Custom. Enter the Url that you want to set as the default Homepage in your Firefox.
- Click on the Ok option.
- Close and Open the Mozilla browser.
- Now you will see your homepage.
How to Remove “content://com.android.browser.home/”
If the user doesn’t like the default web browser homepage, then they can change the default web browser homepage by following the below simple guide.
- Start the default browser.
- Go to the Menu option.
- Click on the General option.
- Go to the homepage.
- Now enter the URL that you want to set as your home page.
- Click on Save Changes.
In case of any trouble with the above-mentioned steps or any further queries related to this post, then make sure to hit me up in the comment section below. Stay tuned to www.contentbonaza.com for more updates.